This pack provides a session plan and a set of materials to enable you to deliver a half day interactive session to raise awareness of basic skills – literacy, numeracy and English for Speakers of Other Languages in relation to the National Basic Skills Strategy for Wales.
The session can be delivered to a range of audiences who would benefit from understanding more about basic skills and the National Strategy. These could include:
• voluntary and community organisations – community workers, tenants groups and housing associations, councils of community service, charities working with socially excluded groups;
• workplace audiences – employers, trade unionists, workplace training providers;
• staff working in statutory organisations – probation, social services, health workers, youth workers, librarians, staff of educational institutions;
• advice and guidance providers – the Probation service, careers advisers;
• managers, ‘front-line workers’ or volunteers.