Did you know?
• It is never too early to read or tell your child stories and talk about the story
• Pictures are a very important part of storybooks – even babies will point at pictures
How does this help my child?
• Parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters can support a love of books and stories long before a child starts school.
• The enjoyment of sharing books is very important when learning to read
Try one of the following at home
• Visit the library and let your child choose a book.
• Go through the books your child brings home from school and read them to / with all your children
Activities you might like to try at home
• Make a book together
• Use soft toys to tell the story
• Tell your child a traditional story