Did you know?
• From birth, children are like sponges, soaking up words, skills and experiences that might be useful in the future.
• A background of support from home and school helps a child to learn new skills.
How does this help or support my child?
• Children need to be exposed to as many different experiences for them to be able to recall past experiences e.g. a special visit.
• Children who are spoken to when they are out and about are learning about the world around them.
Try one of the following at home.
• Talk about the places you have been together.
• Visit the local shop, park or library. As you walk along or look out of the window of the car talk about things you can see e.g.
“Can you see a blue car?”
“ What colour is the digger?”
“ How many trees can you see?
• Draw a picture or write about the items you saw.